The Wedding Card Request

The following is an exchange of text messages with my friend Drung a few days before his wedding.

Drung: Amanda! How are things?

Me: Hey Drung! Things are alright, how about you? How's the wedding planning coming along?

Drung: Oh it's coming, pretty much done - just waiting for the day to be here.  Looking forward to seeing you there

Me: Yeah, it's going to be fun! I'm glad I won't miss it :) Also, I won't be able to afford very much toward's your guy's gift, but is there a company I can get you a gift card with? Home Outfitters or The Bay?

Drung: Honestly, don't worry about a gift Amanda. I'm glad you could make it and I know it's a big expense to get here.

Me: Aww thanks Drung! I'll still get you two a hand painted card or something. What's Steph's favorite animal?

Drung: Haha that's awesome! She likes cats but I honestly don't, so please don't make a cat card because I don't want her to get any ideas...

Me: hahahahhaha

Drung: How about a bear card? Your specialty.

Me: Bear it is!









































I have single-handedly created possibly the most unconventional wedding card in existence. Don't you like how I tried to add some romantic touches with the watercolor hearts? Ask and you shall receive... although part of me wishes I had just gone with a normal theme of hearts or doves. I also wish I would have gotten them a little something more as a gift. I suppose this is the literal price of living on the other side of the country.

On a more important note, one of my best friends got married!!

Labels: