Getting Out Of My Own Head

I haven't blogged in a while. To be honest, I haven't really been in the right mood to take perspective on things in my life lately. The months of July and August were somehow very stressful, despite not much taking place. I guess I hit a standstill with my research, and I had been commissioned to work on my department's academic website. The result: I burdened myself with unnecessary stress and overthinking. I was analyzing and regurgitating everything over and over again in my head.


Fortunately I had a trip back to Ottawa booked for the middle of August. It honestly couldn't have come at a better time. When I can't stop dwelling on things, sometimes completely removing myself is the best situation. 

It was so fantastic to be home. I got to spend some wonderful time with my family, and I was really lucky to see all of my supportive friends while I was there. As usual, I also had a chance to schedule in some adventures, which I'm excited to share. 

I'm back in BC now, and trying to adjust back to the timezone and the working schedule. My first day back wasn't too promising. I only hope things will get better. I think I've become very burnt out from all aspects of my life: academically, physically, emotionally, and especially socially. I really need to focus more on my resolutions from this year: focus on self love, find positive and loving friendships, and be more supportive to myself. 

Well, that's all for this slightly depressing post. I find it almost therapeutic to write these thoughts out, so maybe I should have been blogging through these past two months after all. I promise the things to come on this blog will be amazing! I got re-inspired during my trip back home and can't wait to share some things with you all.

Labels: , , , , ,