Comiccon Preparations

Hey guys!

So the Ottawa 2013 Comiccon is just a few days away, and I'm rushing to get the final touches figured out on my costume. This is the same costume I wore to Halloween last year, but the original intention was to have it for this year's Comiccon.

My main concern was the back of the costume; I had skimped out from buying a real corset with boning and instead went with a cheap Spandex corset. As a result, when I started applying leaves to the corset the elasticity was destroyed by the hot glue. Fortunately, I discovered this before finishing the back of the costume and was able to wear it without all my work going to waste.

However, I needed to figure out what to do with the back of the costume to make it look more presentable. I found a reasonable solution: I sewed some small hoops to the back of the corset and managed to imitate a traditional corset's lacing using a green ribbon. I think it looks great and pulls the whole look together.

Here's some pictures of the costume from different angles. I've got the makeup and red wig all figured out for the big day.




My only concern is that all the overlaying leaves have caused bunching and rippling in the costume. This is just me being nit-picky and vain though. While I might looks like I have the slightest tummy from the side, I'm still going to look like a dorky noodle from all other angles. I've already had to re-glue leaves and sew hoops back onto the costume from just wearing it around the house. Hopefully this thing doesn't fall apart on me and leave me naked at the convention!

Don't mind me, I'm just starting to get nervous! I'm worried about being this exposed in public and I'm even more concerned I might get attacked in a witch hunt against nerd girls.

Wish me luck guys! Here goes 60+ hours of work on this cosplay.

Labels: , , ,